Saturday 21 March 2020

Update Sat 21st March

Dear Friends,
 
On Thursday Mohammad and his family moved into their new home in Great Glen and I called round to see them on Friday. Do keep them in your prayers as they unpack and settle in ready for Mohammad to begin work on 1st April. If anyone has a sofa they could donate to them then that would be welcome OR if anyone has a van and is willing to help them move one that they buy second hand do let me know.
 
Also on Friday I managed to ring round a number of St Paul’s folks who are not on email, do continue to keep in contact with each other in this way. Some of the Home Groups are staying in touch with each other via Whats App groups and two of them still managed to have a study this week making use of various technology!
 
This afternoon I recorded a virtual service for tomorrow which will be uploaded to this link https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKuue_0E3kVosjLNX6jrpNGSw8SvXKUdI There you will also find a recording of the sermon and a playlist of songs that had been chosen for the service. I want to encourage as many of us as possible to watch it together at 10am when we would normally be meeting. My thanks to Jordan and Samuel who have worked on this. We have also tried to provide something for our children and young people so that they are included as well, Angie & Lou have been working hard on this.
 
Do also take part in the National Call to Prayer tomorrow at 7pm by lighting a candle, placing it in your window and praying for the nation at this time.
 
Here are some daily quarantine questions that were sent to me and I pass onto you
1. What am I Grateful for today?
2. Who am I Checking in on or Connecting with today?
3. What expectations of ‘normal’ am I Letting go of today?
4. How am I Getting Outside today?
5. How an I Moving my body today?
6. What Beauty am I either creating, cultivating or inviting in today?
 
With my prayers
Steve