Wednesday 1 April 2020

Update - Wed 1st April

Dear Friends,
Today Mohammad is starting work with us as our Intercultural Pioneer Minister and he has written a message to you all which I wanted to share with you.
“Dear St Paul’s family
My family and I are so excited and looking forward to seeing every one of you face to face and we are sure it will happen soon. We are still settling down in our new house, although the current lockdown situation makes it a bit slower.
I officially have started my role at St Paul form 1st of April, and I will try to contact some of you this week or next to have a virtual meeting or a call conversation.
As most of you know, I am original from Iran from a Muslim background family. I became an asylum seeker and started my new life as a Christian in the UK more than twenty years ago. I have attached my short biography if you would like to read more about my life.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish so.  
Thanks for all your prayers for us.
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon.”
I also wanted to share with you that this week, 30th March – 5th April, is Autism Awareness Week. Our older boy was diagnosed with Autism during his first term at Manor. During this Autism Awareness Week the National Autistic Society are raising awareness and funds under the title 7k for 700k as there are about 700,000 people on the Autistic spectrum in the UK i.e. One in 100. I am running 7k a day for the 7 days and if you would like you can sponsor me for this https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Stephen-Bailey25 but I am also aware that for many in this uncertain time our finances may be stretched so please don’t feel you have to.
Every blessing
Steve