Tuesday 20 March 2018

Mean Bean Challenge - Day 2



At the end of Day 2 out of 5 and so far it is going OK. However, this was never going to be easy! It is not the caffeine that I miss, as I haven't drunk any for years, nor is it the only drinking water. Flavour and taste are the biggest challenge at the moment. There is no sauce, no seasoning, no nothing, just plain boiled rice and beans. It all tastes the same, it is all bland and flavourless.
In a strange way this slows down my eating too, the food is not exciting, it really is just functional.
As I sit and watch my family eat, I can smell their food and imagine what it tastes like. And then I remember why I am doing this. For many people there is not the choice of what to eat, so I am thankful for my smaller portion even if it does not taste of much.