Thursday 2 July 2015

To Work!

Gillian has now started work in the parish. Today, she visited the Thursday morning communion service at St Paul's and started to get to know the people at “Coffee Pot” afterwards.

Gillian writes this of her first week:
"I have had a great first week in Oadby and have met many lovely people at the various services and events I’ve been to. You have all been so welcoming and kind. I look forward to getting to know you all better, which includes the mammoth task of remembering everyone’s name. 

I am settling in well and getting to know the local area slowly. The house is great and I’d like to thank everyone who has helped get it ready for my arrival. It’s feeling more and more like home every day, although I’ve still got some unpacking to do, blinds to put up and pictures to hang. I will get there!

Once again, thank you for your warm welcome and for all your prayers. It is so good to finally be here. I am excited about all that God is doing and will do in this place and through this parish."

Gillian will be formally welcomed at our next Sunday morning service, in which she’ll be taking part, and then at the “Bring and Share Lunch” afterwards. Although based at St Paul’s, Gillian’s work will be across the parish and we hope that our friends at St Peter’s will join us for that lunch. Our CMS link mission partner, Jane Jerrard, will also be joining us.

Gillian, we are glad that God has brought you to us, and we look forward to working with you as we seek to extend His Kingdom.