Thursday 3 March 2016

World Book Day

Today is World Book Day and children up and down the land have gone to school dressed up as their favourite book character.

Here is a picture of my favourite book, The Bible. I will never forget the image I was shown as a child of the Bible as a big book but when you opened it up it was like a bookcase with 66 different books inside it. There is a whole variety of different types of literature in the Bible.
 
 
Sometimes it can seem daunting to pick it up and read. Bible notes are a great aid to help you understand what you are reading. This year I am trying to read the whole Bible in a Year using an app which offers a selection of readings with a commentary and prayers.
 
The Bible is the best selling book of all time. Can I encourage you to read it today on World Book Day? I pray that it will speak to you.