Thursday 22 May 2008

Church grounds and gardening morning

Not being much of a gardener myself, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to keeping things in trim.

But thankfully, a small number of volunteers keeps on top of the regular grass cutting and upkeep of our modest grounds. Their work is much appreciated.

Twice a year we invite the congregation to come out with their tools and gloves to get things really sorted out. Vivien has planned for this again this coming Saturday, 24 May, from 9.00am until 12.00 at the latest. Do come and help out. I always find the conversation far more interesting than the gardening but that says more about me than the task itself. Sadly I won't be there as I shall be chairing the AGM of the Diocesan Association of Readers. Oh well, there's always my own humble patch.